5 Tips to Festival Dressing
One of my favorite things to do in the summer is to attend music festivals, and I’m so excited as one of my favorites, Sloss Fest, is this weekend! New on the scene last year, I enjoy seeing the city I love create a fabulous event to bring together the community and have a fabulous time, filled with incredible live music.
Being an outdoor music festival does have its downside, and that is it’s outside, in the summer, in the south, which means that the heat and humidity will be in full swing. So selecting the perfect outfit can at times be challenging because you want to feel stylish without melting into a puddle…
No worries, my tips and tricks will leave you feeling fresh and stylish, even if you start “glistening”.
When selecting your outfit here are a few things to keep in mind:
1. Dress in loose, breathable fabrics without wearing a muumuu!
2. Wear lightweight accessories. Anything too heavy will stick to your skin and become uncomfortable!
3. Cover sweaty hair while shielding your skin with a cool Panama style hat in a breathable woven material like straw.
4. Whatever your style is, festival fashion allows your inner boho-femme to come out! Don’t hold back, have fun!
Need a little outfit inspiration?? Here are some fab looks to inspire you!
1. Romper | 2. Panama Hat | 3. Rose Gold Stud Earrings | 4. Single Monogram Necklace | 5. Fringe Slide Sandals | 6. Cross Body Bag
1. Printed Dress | 2. Triangle Hoop Earrings | 3. Gladiator Sandals | 4. Gold Ring | 5. Mini Bucket Cross Body Bag
Also, a cross body bag is a way to look chic and hands free while listening to your favorite band. Carry must have items like sunnies, a refreshing water spray (tip: place in the fridge for awhile before heading out for an even cooler mist!), oil blotting sheets, SPF, etc. See below for a few items that will for sure be in my purse this weekend!
1. Pink Sunglasses | 2. Tortoise with Pink Lens Sunglasses | 3. Clear Frame Sunglasses | 4. Tortoise Aviator Sunglasses | 5. Evian Water Spray | 6. Sunglasses Holder | 7. Oil Absorbing Sheets | 8. Sunscreen SPF 50
Comment below and let me know which outfit is your favorite!