Fall 2016: Runway to Reality
Let’s be honest, runways trends always feel so over the top, especially for our day-to-day life. While the outfits are beautiful and inspirational, there’s really no chance to wear them unless you’re walking down the red carpet.
So why should you care about what’s on the runway??
Because that’s where your clothes come from! Every season, the biggest trends are presented at fashion weeks across the world and the trends then trickle down into magazines, Pinterest, and eventually the stores where you shop.
Remember, not every trend is for every person nor should it be! So, to help you navigate the best and most practical way to wear this fall’s trends, I took images straight from the runway and showed you how to make it a reality….
1. Very Velvet: Tactual and textural are fall’s big buzz words. And velvet definitely took center stage as one of the fashion world’s favorite fabrics. To take this trend from runway to reality, instead of wearing head to toe velvet, try a pop of it in a skirt, blazer or even a shoe! Don’t be afraid to pile on other sumptuous fabrics with your velvet for a very on trend look.
2. Heavily Adorned: Baubles, bits and sparkle galore adorned every runway for fall. We saw pins on jackets, embellished shoes and bags, fully beaded dresses, and everything in between! To make this trend fit your day to day life, try this look in a flat shoe for day and maybe a bedazzled jean for evening. To create a look that’s more reality than runway, keep the rest of your outfit paired down and neutral.
3. Suit Up: While suiting is always in style, we saw an abundance of modern looking suiting on the fall runways. From skirt suits to velvet suits to berry tone suits, every femme needs this wardrobe staple in her wardrobe. Try wearing the suit as a whole with a kitten stacked heel for work, or as separates with flats for those business casual days.
4. Moto Moto: Every season has an “it” jacket, and this fall it’s the motorcycle leather jacket. Black is by far the most popular color for this timeless jacket, but don’t be afraid to try your favorite neutral (gray, camel, or caramel) for a unique approach to this trend. Throw this staple on with anything in your closet from jeans and a tee on the weekend, to business basics for work.
5. Crossbody Love: Hands free anyone? This fall enjoy looking on trend while being practical with a cross body bag. Every designer enjoyed showing this must have bag either draped along your side, crossed tightly over your chest, or loosely draped across your body. Whatever your style, rock this bag with confidence and ease on the weekend in lieu of your everyday carryall.