Most women born before the 90’s have probably experienced bad eyebrows. Back then, pencil thin brows were in style. For those of you who are victims of a bad eyebrow job, whether from over‐plucking or a wax job at the salon, I feel your pain. I, too, have had a long journey of getting my eyebrows back to their natural shape after years of over‐plucking.
According to Vanita Parti, founder of Blink Brow Bars, “Brows are important because they’re a feature of expression, so are bound up with our emotions. Shaped well, they have the power to change the overall appearance of our face, lending balance and symmetry.”
Your eyebrows also frame your lovely face and accentuate your eyes, making you look younger and fresher; hence, why fuller eyebrows have been in style and are not going anywhere anytime soon. These are the tips that help me love my brows and get them to a healthy, natural, full place.
Top 5 Brow Tips:
1. Brows are sisters not twins. They should look similar but don’t need to be symmetrical. They should start at the point in line with the center of the chin up towards the forehead and end at the diagonal to the outside of your eye.
Photo Credit: Image1
2. Full brows frame your face, and also lift the face. This can take years off of your face when they are full and the right color. They should match your hair color, or if you are blonde be a shade darker.
Also Read : Brow Guru
3. If you have thinner brows or brows with thinner areas, then don’t be afraid to let them grow out to allow the dormant hairs to begin to fill back in. This means waiting a month or two minimum without waxing or plucking. It’s tough but from experience it works!
4. Don’t be afraid to use a brow growth serum to help your brows fill in nicely. My personal favorite is GrandeBrow. Click the image to shop.
5. Filling in your brows and/or using a brow gel is important for every femme to use daily. It keeps your brows polished and full, even during the growing out phase.
Photo Credit: Image 3
«««Shop the brow products below»»»
For more style tips, tricks and inspiration, follow me on Instagram HERE.