Megan’s 6 Month Old Baby Must-Haves
Adjusting to a newborn is no easy task whether you’re a new or seasoned mom. Now that your little one is out of the sleepy-eyed newbie phase, you may be searching for some monthly surprise for baby must-haves and ones for yourself, too!
I am covering ALL of my 6-month-old baby must-haves for this stage that my sweet James recently reached (where does the time go?!). Enjoy discovering a new baby find or essential that will make life easier for everyone.
Click the arrows to browse & shop
1. Lots of diaper changes call for a great diaper rash balm. I am very particular about what I put on my skin, so the same holds true for James. I apply this on James every night before bed, and of course as needed. Side Note: I love all of the products that I’ve tried by Earth Mama!
2. There’s nothing worse than getting your baby up in the morning and realizing that he’s been laying there with a wet diaper that’s soaked through his little pajamas and even his sleep sack! So that’s when I switched to these overnight diapers and it resolved that issue altogether! Even when James was still wearing size 2 daytime diapers, I put him in size 3 overnight diapers and that did the trick!
3. James is more interested in teething on his pacis these days than using them for their actual purpose (which is why he LOVES wub-a-nubs), actually he enjoys teething on all of his toys, so that’s why these safe cleaning wipes are a must have. I keep a pack in my diaper bag and in his nursery. It is heartening to witness parents taking proactive measures to ensure their babies’ oral health from an early age. Teething can be a challenging and uncomfortable experience for infants, and providing them with safe and appropriate toys to chew on is essential. Nonetheless, it is equally critical to establish good oral hygiene habits right from the start. Parents should start wiping their baby’s gums with a clean, damp cloth after feedings, even before the emergence of teeth. As teeth start to appear, brushing with a soft-bristled brush and fluoride toothpaste should commence. Regular check-ups with a Kew Gardens NY dentist should also be an integral part of a child’s oral health routine, starting around age one. By instilling good oral hygiene habits in their children at an early age, parents can help ensure healthy teeth and gums throughout their lifetime.
4. Soon after having James I learned that probiotics aren’t just for adults, that they are great for many babies too. James takes these probiotics every morning when I’m nursing him, and they make a big difference! One week we ran out of them and his tummy has not happy (more gas than usual), and as soon as he started back on his probiotics he was back to normal!
5. It’s incredible how quickly babies grow out of their clothes! I am definitely glad I didn’t invest much in newborn sized clothes. To keep James’ drawers and closet organized, and to make my life easier when getting him dressed, I pull out too small sizes and place them in these bins. Also, some of my favorite online retailers for baby clothes are: Maisonette, Zara, Marks & Spencer, and Best Dressed Child. I also love shopping baby clothes from these baby girl and boy boutiques.
6. Now that James is more comfortable sitting up, he is enjoying his Bumbo seat! It’s perfect for him to sit in while trying out new foods. Best part is the seat grows with him!
7. This is one of the few items that has really transitioned with James from an infant to a 6 month old. He loves sitting in his little bouncy seat and taking in the world around him. We also love this spinning toy that attaches to his bouncy seat. When he was an infant he’d watch all of the colors in awe, and now he has a ball hitting them and watching them spin himself.
8. James is obsessed with trying to stand up these days, and this toy allows him to do so safely and while being entertained. He loves all of the activities on the activity center which keeps him having fun while we do stuff around the house 🙂
9. Transitioning from the swaddle to the sleep sack wasn’t quite as scary as I anticipated thankfully, and I think part of that is James loves his Kyte sleep sacks. They keep him warm and are nice and cozy.
10. This little seat wasn’t James’ favorite at first, but it helped him get more comfortable sitting up. And now he loves it! He enjoys sitting in it and teething on the various rings and playing with other little toys that we give him.
11. Of all the teething toys out there this one is by far his favorite! He can chew on Sophie forever it seems. And the dogs loves it too, haha. They enjoy sneaking it off of James’ playmat, which is another reason we love the Munchkin Arm and Hammer Pacifier Wipes!
12. Now that James is both teething and eating some food, this Boon teething feeder has been so much fun (and less messy)! We mash up bananas, sweet potatoes, etc., and place them in the feeder for him to enjoy. He loves being able to hold it himself too!
These 6 month old baby must haves products have personally made a difference from day to day for James and myself! Most of these 6 month old baby must haves items will grow with your baby as he continues to reach new stages. Interested in reading more about life with James? Click to know my postpartum essentials!