Places to Eat:
- Laughing Seed Cafe: My favorite vegetarian restaurant of all time! Even Barnett loves it, and we both find it very flavorful and delicious! They have a fabulous brunch on the weekends too. It’s right in the heart of downtown so it’s a great spot to visit before exploring downtown Asheville.
2. Rhubarb: Also located in the heart of downtown, this cozy restaurant is a must for food lovers. The chef has worked at Blackberry Farm and another favorite of ours, Canyon Kitchen in Cashiers, North Carolina. Come hungry as you’ll want to try everything!
3. Curate: Katie Button, the chef of Curate, has been nominated for countless James Beard Awards and when you visit her restaurant you’ll understand why. It’s a great spot for trying out some new food options tapa style!
4. French Broad Chocolate: My obsession for chocolate makes this famous chocolate shop and restaurant a must every time we visit Asheville. We often just pop into the shop, as opposed to the restaurant, for a quick chocolate fix. They have ice cream, chocolate bars, truffles and more that you’ll want to take home with you!
Photo | Romantic Asheville
5. Sunny Point Cafe: Barnett & I love brunch, and this spot is worth the wait. It’s located in the adorable West Asheville area so while you wait for a table you can explore some of the local shops. It’s comfort food at it’s finest, and they had lots of vegetarian options too.
6. The Dining Room at The Biltmore: If you are looking for a true elegant fine dining experience look no further than The Dining Room at The Inn at Biltmore. It’s exquisite from the service to the quality of the food to the wine to the mountain views. It’s the perfect place to celebrate a special occasion.
Photo | Citizen Times
Places to See & Shop:
1.The Biltmore House: https://www.biltmore.com/
Photo | Malaprops Instagram